Tuesday, September 20, 2011

First meeting, and first cold

The weather here changed virtually overnight from warm days with highs in the 80s to cool days with highs in the 60s, and my immune system welcomed fall with the first head cold of the season.  I literally emptied a new box of kleenex in less than 24 hours.  It was like my nose was replaced with a faucet.

Sorry.

So, in the midst of this malady fell the first unit meeting of my fieldwork: Tuesday, September 13.  I had been up until 7:00 a.m., unable to sleep because of coughing, and I felt like my brain had been replaced with something less thinky.  But I had to go.  It was the 48th anniversary of Mary Kay Inc!  I had been promised a preview of limited edition holiday products!

My own Mary Kay consultant, Devon, who usually attends these and who was going to introduce me around, was unable to attend at the last minute.  My couch and blanket and kitties looked even more appealing, but I persevered.

Roya and all her ladies were super welcoming.  I'm not completely sure I was speaking coherent English or just kind of rambling, but everyone I talked to seemed excited that I chose to write about Mary Kay.

I'm looking forward to heading back tonight -- without the cold!

2 comments:

  1. Hope it goes well and nobody asks you about how you promised to become a consultant last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lovely, and you are a troublemaker. :)

    ReplyDelete